LONDON: Veteran England pacer James Anderson believes the enforced break in cricket due to COVID-19 pandemic could prolong his career by an year or two.All cricketing activities across the world have been suspended since mid-March due to the outbreak of novel coronavirus, which has so far claimed more than 3.75 lakh lives globally. “It could just add on a year or two at the end of my career,” Anderson said while speaking on BBC’s Tailenders podcast. “I’ve really enjoyed being back and as odd as it is just bowling into a net, with not many people around, it’s still nice to be back and playing cricket.” Anderson, 37, is part of the 55-member group that has been asked to return to training, ahead of the West Indies Test series. Last week, Anderson had posted a video of himself on Instagram in which he was seen running in and then delivering the ball at the Old Trafford. “I bring all the kit myself – my bands and med balls to warm-up with – and I’ve got my own cricket balls which I don’t normally have,” said Anderson who is England’s leading wicket-taker in Test cricket and One-Day Internationals. “I have a quick lap round the outfield and then straight into the nets. I bowl a few overs and then get straight back in the car and go home.” The Test series against West Indies will take place behind closed doors and Anderson supports the idea of playing artificial crowd noise at the games. “I’ve been watching the rugby league in Australia and I actually thought there was a crowd watching because they were playing crowd noise through the speaker in the stadium,” Anderson said. “I actually thought it worked. It was nice to have that sort of atmosphere even though there was no-one there,” he added. Earlier, former England batsman Kevin Pietersen had also said that the “forced break” might have helped certain athletes to increase the length of their careers. “I wonder how many sportsmen/women have had their careers lengthened with this forced break? Little niggles healing. A mental break from pressure. Falling back in love with their sport. Would be interesting to find out?” Pietersen had tweeted. IANS
Related Articles StumbleUpon Share Sportsbook software provider Altenar has welcomed reports that Italian sports betting operators will soon be allowed to offer cash out functionality to customers on a trial basis. According to Italian news agency Agimeg, this cash out introduction will arrive alongside another positive regulatory reform for operators, enabling them to cancel the payout of winning single bets emanating from ‘clearly wrong odds’, and reduce the payout accordingly when such odds are included as part of successful multiple bets. Once verified, this would be a dual boost for gambling operators still reeling from a turbulent close to 2018, in which the country’s new Lega-5Star coalition government confirmed the blanket advertising ban effective from 1 January 2019, and delivered a 2% gross gaming revenue (GGR) tax increase for both online sportsbook and retail betting services.There has been no official date provided for the proposed cash out trial period, but it looks likely to come at a good time for Altenar, who expects to go live with its first regulated customer for the market from the middle of March.Domenico Mazzola, Commercial Director at Altenar, said: “It is a big opportunity for us to enter a market where many region-specific sportsbook providers haven’t invested the resources to building cash out, simply because it wasn’t previously allowed.”He added: “Conversely, Altenar is equipped to come in and offer the full international experience – complete with cash out – from day one. Therefore, those who choose to work with our software will be ready to compete at the forefront of the market.” CT Gaming bolsters Italian profile with The Betting Coach August 27, 2020 Share Submit TVBET passes GLI test for five live games in Malta and Italy August 25, 2020 Global Gaming adds sportsbook extension to Ninja property August 25, 2020
The Warriors announced Sunday they have dealt big man Andre Iguodala to the Grizzlies, but Golden State added it plans to honor him in a huge way.The team stated that despite trading Iguodala for Julian Washburn, a future first-round draft pick and cash considerations, it plans to retire Iguodala’s No. 9 jersey. Andre, thank you 💙 pic.twitter.com/YTLF97fxwP— Golden State Warriors (@warriors) July 7, 2019Iguodala, 35, was huge in helping the Warriors win their first NBA title in 40 years in 2015 and earned MVP honors that year. Paul George pens emotional farewell to Thunder after Clippers trade Raptors coach Nick Nurse: ‘Can’t blame’ Kawhi Leonard for leaving “As we look back six years [after signing Iguodala], we actually underestimated what his value would be to our team, both on the court and in the locker room. In what has been well-documented, Andre sacrificed for the betterment of our team and, in one of the best stories of this journey …”He has been absolutely vital to our success during five consecutive appearances in the NBA Finals and three championships. We thank Andre for all of his contributions and look forward to seeing his number in the rafters at Chase Center,” Warriors co-chairman and CEO Joe Lacob said in a statement. Related News Jimmer Fredette leaves Warriors summer team after two games, ponders overseas options The likely reason behind the Warriors trading Iguodala was because he was supposed to earn roughly $17 million next season. With the team signing D’Angelo Russell to a huge contract, it needed more cap space.Iguodala averaged 7.3 points, 3.9 rebounds, 3.4 assists, and 1.1 steals in 413 appearances for the Warriors over the past six years.He was drafted ninth overall by the 76ers in the 2004 NBA Draft and spent eight years in Philadelphia before a short stint with the Nuggets, then landing with the Warriors.
Manager of Bournemouth Eddie Howe is ready to offer Chelsea 10 million GBP for BH goalkeeper Asmir Begovic, as reported by the Mirror.The second goalkeeper of Chelsea was the target during the final week of the January transfer window as well.However, Begovic remained at Stamford Bridge after the manager Antonio Conte failed to bring goalkeeper of Celtic, Craig Gordon.Bournemouth received eight goals in the last two Premiership matches and won only once in the last ten matches, including seven defeats.The club is now only six points from the dropping down zone and Howe, who believed in the players that they brought in the club in the Premiership, now wishes to strengthen the defensive part of the team in the summer.(Source: N. K./Klix.ba)