Tag: 上海夜网GC

PowerChina, WindFarm move forward with 800MW, $1 billion wind project in Ukraine

first_img FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Kyiv Post:Chinese company PowerChina and Ukrainian WindFarm have signed a contract on building a wind power station with a capacity of 800 megawatt[s] in Ukraine’s eastern Donetsk Oblast, near towns Manhush and Nikolske.It will become the biggest wind farm in Europe if offshore wind farms aren’t counted, reads the WindFarm’s statement published on Oct. 30. The project will cost at least $1 billion.When built, the wind farm will sell its power for the market price, meaning that, unlike all other renewable power producers, PowerChina and WindFarm won’t be selling their electricity to the state for above-market prices — through the country’s green tariff, WindFarm deputy director Aleksandr Charun told the Kyiv Post. Currently, Ukraine has the highest tariff for renewable power in Europe.According to Charun, WindFarm does all the paperwork, while PowerChina is in charge of constructing the wind farm. At the moment, the WindFarm is submitting the documents for the project. Once the paperwork is done, the company will sign an agreement with state-run power company Ukrenergo and connect to its networks.Renewable energy sources, including wind and solar power and excluding hydropower, secure only 8.1% of the total electricity generated in Ukraine, according to the Energy Ministry of Ukraine.[Liza Semko]More: Chinese firm to build $1 billion wind farm in Ukraine PowerChina, WindFarm move forward with 800MW, $1 billion wind project in Ukrainelast_img read more

PKA cuts five oil firms but rejects blanket stance on fossil fuels

first_img“We want to know whether these companies have a long-term plan to be part of the renewable energy sector, benefiting from this new type of growth.“Even climate-change sceptics should recognise the broad economic move towards renewable energy sources that is going on.”PKA divested from Canadian firms Athabasca Oil, Canadian Natural Resources, Cenovus Energy, Imperial Oil, and Suncor Energy in March, and says it will look at whether to divest from a further 44 oil and gas companies.Several weeks ago, PKA’s chief executive Peter Damgaard Jensen announced the firm was broadening its climate change engagement strategy – which includes mining and utilities companies with revenue linked to coal and other high-carbon energy sources – to include the oil and gas sector.Pedersen said PKA had divested from certain coal companies after recognising that coal firms would find their business disrupted in the next decade due to new technologies.“We asked when could that happen for the rest of the oil and gas sector,” he said. “We don’t believe it will happen tomorrow, but believe it is an important question – how these companies are preparing for this low carbon future – and we believe that this transition its taking place much faster than many believe.”Pedersen cited France’s Total and Norway’s Statoil as two large oil companies that are making moves into renewable energy.“It is about seeing yourself as an energy company, and being a part of a solution rather than fighting the change,” he said. “It’s very difficult for many CEOs to accept things are changing, but the rules of the game are changing everyday.” Denmark’s PKA divested from five Canadian oil companies last month, bringing the total number of fossil fuel-related firms it has excluded from its investment universe to 53 in the past two years.“It’s very difficult for many CEOs to accept things are changing, but the rules of the game are changing everyday.”Pelle Pedersen, PKAHowever, the DKK250bn pensions administrator, which runs three social and healthcare sector pension funds, said the decisions were based on the failure of the companies to offer convincing plans about how they will deal with the issue of climate change. PKA said it did not have a blanket exclusion policy based on companies’ involvement in the fossil fuel sector.Pelle Pedersen, head of responsible investment at PKA, told IPE: “As a long term investor we have to have a nuanced approach when it comes to investment, and everything we do is combined with engagement.last_img read more

Kemal Malcolm happy with Reggae Boyz call-up

first_imgArnett Gardens FC’s top marksman, Kemal ‘Tull’ Malcolm, is delighted about his first call-up to the national senior men’s squad, saying that hard work is paying off.Malcolm is having a very good Red Stripe Premier League season with 12 goals so far, his latest coming in his team’s 6-0 swamping of FC Reno on Sunday evening at the Anthony Spaulding Complex in Trench Town.”It was a great experience being in the senior team training camp last week. The training was intense, high class,” said Malcolm, who was among 22 local players, after a three-day camp broke last Thursday.He is fully aware that it won’t be easy to get into the team.”It will not be easy, but I intend to put in the hard work and see where it takes me,” the 26-year-old speedy striker told The Gleaner.Malcolm represented the country at the under-20 and under-23 levels. The former Lannaman’s Prep and St George’s College Manning Cup star had refused contracts with clubs in El Salvador, Guatemala, and Trinidad and Tobago in order to help his home club win back-to-back national league titles.”Things are in the works. I got offers from El Salvador, Guatemala, and T&T but decided to stay at Arnett after having a poor season when Arnett won the title last year,” Malcolm disclosed.”My main focus is to help the team, and I’m having a good time in front of goal with assistance from my teammates,” the diminutive player added.TOP-SCORER AMBITIONSHe is also eyeing the top scorer’s award in the RSPL this season. Dino Williams (14 goals) and Cory Burke (12) are both away on overseas deals.”Of course I want to win that award, so I will continue putting in the work in training and continue scoring goals for Arnett,” he said.Arnett’s coach, Jerome ‘Jerry’ Waite, had high praises for the player.”Hard work, consistency, and understanding his role has helped him. After scoring two goals last season and coming off the bench, he has improved, and with the absence of AndrÈ Clennon, was elevated to a starting role,” Waite said.”He is always creating chances, so any team would want such a player. Sometimes the playing surfaces have not helped.”Tull is a player who dominated prep school and Manning Cup football by scoring lots of goals. He is now doing better in the Premier League,” observed the veteran schoolboy and club coach.last_img read more

McCorkle is Zonta honoree

first_imgSome of Gerri McCorkle’s strongest community service has been dedicated to building character and success for girls, so it is appropriate that Zonta Club of Santa Clarita Valley has named McCorkle winner of the annual Carmen Sarro Award for Improving the Status of Women Through Community Service. The award is named for Carmen Sarro, a founding member of Zonta who lost a battle with cancer after leaving a legacy of service throughout the community. McCorkle, who is a deputy sergeant with the Sheriff’s Department, received the award Saturday as the highlight of Zonta’s annual Status of Women Celebration. She was one of 12 women nominated for the award by service organizations throughout the Santa Clarita Valley and honored at the brunch program. McCorkle was nominated for the honor by Girl Scouts, where she has been a leader since 1999. She also serves as a radKIDS instructor, teaching self-empowerment and self-defense to girls across the valley between the ages of 6 and 13. McCorkle was a Girl Scout herself for 12 years and has been an adult leader for eight years. She serves on several committees that plan events to keep older girls interested in Scouting and also is a mentor to several older Girl Scouts who are working toward the Gold Award. Through her job as community liaison with the Sheriff’s Department, McCorkle has worked on many collaborative projects, not only with the Girl Scouts but also with such organizations as the Michael Hoefflin Foundation, Single Mothers Outreach, Boys and Girls Club and local schools. She recently reached out to 50 junior high-age girls through a Girl Scouts career day, encouraging them to set their goals and standards high and then work to achieve them. Before McCorkle was announced as the Carmen Sarro Award winner, Zonta introduced each of the 12 honorees and saluted the organizations that nominated them. Event co-chairs Judy Penman and Karen Maleck-Whiteley presented each with a yellow rose, the symbol of Zonta International. McCorkle received the Carmen Sarro Award from Christine Sexton, Sarro’s daughter. “We are pleased that 12 diverse organizations submitted nominees this year,” mistress of ceremonies Marla Khayat told the audience. “It is evident when going through the applications that the Santa Clarita Valley is blessed with so many giving people.” She noted that the Zonta Club of SCV has been honoring service to the community for more than 20 years and found it appropriate that the award honors Carmen Sarro, who shared her time and talents with many community organizations in addition to Zonta. The 12 outstanding women saluted at this year’s ceremony, and their nominating organizations, are Dorothy Anderson, SCV Friends of the Libraries; Colleen Shaffer, Circle of Hope; Tera McHugh, Women Entrepreneurs of Santa Clarita Valley; McCorkle; Barbara Stearns-Cochran, Daughters of the British Empire and Child and Family Center Foundation; Shelley Hann, Betty Ferguson Foundation and Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital Guild; Rosie Smith, Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital Auxiliary; Jill Mellady, Michael Hoefflin Foundation; Terri Lee Cadiente, The Ragdoll Restoration Foundation; Melanie Sedam, Soroptimist International of Santa Clarita Valley; Jorja Harris, Domestic Violence Center of Santa Clarita Valley; and Kelly Burke, American Association of University Women. To post your own stories and photos, log on to valleynews.com. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!last_img read more

Reports – Napoli to walk away from Fellaini deal unless Man United lower Belgian’s price

first_img Marouane Fellaini 1 Napoli are ready to walk away from a deal to sign Manchester United midfielder Marouane Fellaini over the Premier League side’s asking price, according to reports in Italy.The Serie A side, managed by former Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez, are desperate for a holding midfielder and fancy the former Everton man.Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has publicly stated he is interested in the player and would like to pair him in his team’s engine room with Gokhan Inler.However the Naples side is only interested in a season-long loan or a cut-price deal and United want around £15m for the Belgium internationalBut the Italians think that’s on the steep side after his poor last season at Old Trafford and, according to Gazzetta dello Sport, they are ready to look for a cheaper option if haggling with United doesn’t work.last_img read more