RelatedPosts Super Eagles soar on FIFA ranking COVID-19: FIFA count cost to football Germany still winless in UEFA Nations League after drawing with Switzerland Criminal proceedings against Fifa president Gianni Infantino have begun in Switzerland over meetings he held with the country’s attorney general.A special federal public prosecutor, Stefan Keller, was appointed last month to examine complaints made in relation to the meetings in 2016 and 2017 involving Infantino, attorney general Michael Lauber and the chief public prosecutor for the Upper Valais region, Rinaldo Arnold. Keller has now opened criminal proceedings against Infantino and Arnold, and has sought approval from the Swiss parliament to do the same against Lauber, who must have immunity from prosecution lifted before proceedings against him can be opened.He has concluded that “there are indications of criminal conduct” in relation to the meetings.Infantino and Fifa say they will co-operate fully with the investigation, with Infantino insisting he was trying to assist Lauber with the attorney general’s investigation into historic corruption.The Fifa president was asked about the meetings with Lauber at the world governing body’s Council meeting in June, and said: “To meet with the Attorney General of Switzerland is perfectly legitimate and it’s perfectly legal.“It’s no violation of anything. “On the contrary, it is also part of the fiduciary duties of the president of Fifa.”The first meetings with Lauber occurred in 2016, just after Infantino had been elected as president and in the aftermath of the corruption scandal which engulfed Fifa under Infantino’s predecessor Sepp Blatter.Lauber’s office was investigating that scandal, in which Fifa was being treated as a victim rather than a suspect.Infantino said there was a “mountain of questions” regarding those investigations, and added in June: “It’s legitimate to offer to contribute to the Swiss attorney general about the clarification of these events, hoping that those who have done criminal acts and damaged Fifa will be held to account for that.”Tags: courtsFIFALegal actionLegal MattersPresident Gianni InfantinoprobeSwitzerland
Press Association “The beauty of this campaign is that third place gets you a play-off game and presumably not against a big nation. “But the start has given them the best opportunity in years and that is down to Michael and the players. “But being Northern Ireland we won’t get too ahead of ourselves and we can’t get ahead of ourselves. “We have tough games coming up.” Wright stepped down as O’Neill’s goalkeeping coach in the summer of 2013 after he was appointed St Johnstone manager but he could not be happier for his former boss and his players. “It has been a brilliant start for Michael and the lads,” the former Northern Ireland keeper told Press Association Sport. “You could not ask for a better start. “I am pleased for him and the players because I know the job he does and the difficult circumstances the job brings. “They have had to take a few defeats on the chin to get where they are now. “But I know, through working with him, that he has the backing of the players. “And I know from speaking to him that he has the belief in the players that it would turn for him and they could get the type of results they are getting at the minute. “Three out of three has given them a platform and if they can maintain that form, they will qualify for the Euros for the first time. Tommy Wright has praised Michael O’Neill for working through adversity with Northern Ireland to have the country dreaming of Euro 2016. Hopes of a first appearance in the finals of a European Championship took another step closer to being fulfilled on Tuesday night with a 2-0 victory in Greece. Goals from Jamie Ward and Kyle Lafferty gave O’Neill’s side their third successive Group F victory – Northern Ireland’s best ever start to any World Cup or European qualifying campaign – to keep them top of the table with nine points.
Press Association Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini is happy with his side’s positioning halfway through the title race. Promoted Watford have been one of the season’s surprise packages and go into the game against City at Vicarage Road just two points off fifth place. Pellegrini said: “Maybe at the beginning of the season it can be a surprise, the same as Leicester, but when you play 19 games, half of the season, and you are still talking about Watford or Leicester, they continue playing in a good way, it is because they have important players in a good moment of high performance and managers that are doing very well their job.” City’s clean sheet against Leicester was their first this season without injured captain Vincent Kompany, who could be out for another month with calf trouble. Left-back Gael Clichy and midfielders Fernando and Fabian Delph are back in contention. But Pellegrini does not think that matters as none of the leading contenders have been able to find consistency. The Chilean said: “Of course we are in a good position. Always the best position is to be top of the table but I think that this is a special season in the Premier League. “With the amount of points we have at this moment, it is not good to fight for the title in a normal season, but we are now just three points behind the leaders. I hope we are going to complete with a very good second part of the season.” To get their challenge firing City need to address their away form. Pellegrini’s men have won just three of their nine games on the road and the last of them was on September 12. Yaya Toure’s late consolation in the 2-1 loss at Arsenal on December 21 was also their only goal in their last five away games. But Pellegrini saw positives in Tuesday’s goalless draw at second-placed Leicester and the team will look to build on that as they travel to Watford on Saturday. He said: “If we didn’t win the last games that we played away, it is because we must improve. “But it was good to have a clean sheet and for me the best thing from that game was continuing to playing the same way we did in the last two games. “We didn’t win against Arsenal but I don’t think we played a bad game and we played very well against Sunderland. I think we also played very well against Leicester. Maybe we have to finish a little bit more but I think we are in the correct way.” City are third in the Barclays Premier League after 19 games, three points behind leaders Arsenal. City have already been beaten five times and, with 36 points, are well down on their tallies at the equivalent stages of their title-winning campaigns of 2011-12 (45) and 2013-14 (41).
Billy Mitchell has regained his title as the “King of Kong.”The Weston resident had his Donkey Kong and Pac-Man records reinstated by Guinness World Records on Thursday, two years after they were taken away, due to allegations that he cheated.“In the light of compelling new evidence received by Guinness World Records, the Records Management Team has decided to reverse decisions made in April 2018 in regards to videogame high scores achieved by Billy Mitchell between 1982 and 2010,” Guinness said in a news release.The reinstated records include the first perfect score in Pac-Man, which Mitchell achieved in in July 1999, in addition to four Donkey Kong high scores recorded in 1982, 2005, 2007 and 2010.“Yes, it was devastating, to think that you could have all that and somebody could simply come up and rob you of it,” Mitchell said in an interview with Miami television station WPLG.He was featured in the 2007 documentary, “The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters.”The cheating accusations questioned whether Mitchell had used emulation software instead of the original video game hardware to set records.Twin Galaxies, the company that tracks video game world records, removed Mitchell’s scores, banned him from submitting results in the future, and notified Guinness in April of 2018.Mitchell denied the claims and appealed Guinness’ initial ruling that disqualified his scores.Craig Glenday, editor-in-chief of Guinness World Records, says the appeal process included reexamining evidence and soliciting new eyewitness testimony.“In the end, we found that there just wasn’t sufficient evidence to support the disqualification across the board,” Glenday explains in a video message posted on Guinness’ YouTube page.
Liverpool is away to Bordeax and Ajax host Celtic at 6 while at five past eight Spurs welcome FK Karabakh.
“So it is not necessarily the last year of his contract at Arsenal Football Club.” he concluded.Sanchez is not on tour with Arsenal, he his currently on extended break following his involvement in the Confederations Cup with Chile. RelatedSanchez “Will Stay And He Will Respect That” – WengerAugust 3, 2017In “England”Sanchez To Become Highest Paid Premier League Player With £300,000 Per Week New Arsenal DealAugust 11, 2017In “England””Let Alexis Sanchez Go, Get The Money & Move On” – Arsenal LegendJuly 28, 2017In “England” Arsene Wenger has expressed his confidence over Alexis Sanchez’s Arsenal future, says the Chilean is a “great lover of the club.”, and could sign a new contract with the Gunners.With one year left on his contract, the 28-year-old forward has not told Wenger he wants to leave the club despite reported interest from Manchester City, Chelsea and Bayern Munich.Speaking to the press shortly after Arsenal arrived Sydney for their 2017 pre-season tour, Wenger explained: “The players have contracts and we expect them to respect their contracts. That’s what we want,”“The easiest way to manage the players in the final year of their contracts is it’s in his interest to do as well as he can,”“Nobody knows today if Sanchez will be in his final year of his contract next season because he can extend his contract with us at the start of the season or during the season.”
Related Articles StumbleUpon Scientific Games pursues further $1 billion debt note March 6, 2019 Submit Share Perelman fund reviews majority shareholding in Scientific Games July 16, 2020 SG Digital calls for Stockholm Tech & Talent expansion May 22, 2018 Share Charles St AubynUpdating the market, Toronto TSX-listed gambling technology provider NYX Gaming Group has informed that it has appointed Charles St Aubyn as Group Director of Talent Acquisition.St Aubyn joins from US business software solutions provider JDA Software, where he most recently held the position of Director of Talent Management for EMEA (2015-2017).An experienced executive in Talent Acquisition for technology led sectors, St Aubyn will lead NYX’s in-house recruitment teams as the company undertakes a global recruitment drive for its multi-product and multi-market operations.In his new role, St Aubyn will deliver the NYX Gaming Group’s talent acquisition strategy to meet the demands of our customers and support our continued growth.Doreena Ross, Chief Human Resources Officer at NYX Gaming Group, commented on the executive appointment: “We are thrilled to welcome Charles to NYX Gaming Group. He will be responsible for attracting and retaining key talent to drive our competitive advantage, and Charles’ appointment will support our aggressive growth model.”“Following the integration between two of the leading players in the gaming industry, we continue to develop a company culture that inspires individuals, encourages innovation and drives results.”St Aubyn commented on joining NYX Gaming: “It’s an amazing challenge and I’m looking forward to help provide the exceptional talent we need to achieve our ambitions.”
Manchester United have reached an agreement to sign Argentina defender Marcos Rojo from Sporting Lisbon.United said the deal, which Sporting say is worth £16m, is subject to a medical and personal terms.Sporting have also confirmed Nani, 27, is returning on loan, seven years after the winger joined United from Lisbon.Left-sided defender Rojo, 24, played in all six of Argentina’s World Cup games on their run to the final in Brazil this summer.The deal for Rojo had appeared imminent since the player told Argentine radio station Continental on Monday it would be a “dream to play at Manchester United”.Last week he refused to train with Sporting due to his frustration at not being allowed to leave, although he subsequently apologised. ” A further announcement will be made when the process is complete,” said United in a message on the club’s Twitter account on Tuesday.In a statement released to the Lisbon stock exchange , Sporting released the payment schedule agreed with United for the player.Sporting will receive £8m immediately, with further instalments of £4m being paid on 1 December this year and 1 July, 2015.In addition they will get 20% of any sell-on fee for Rojo over £18.4million.His versatility makes him a good fit for United manager Louis van Gaal’s preferred 3-5-2 system. Rojo, who joined Sporting from Spartak Moscow in July 2012, missed the Portuguese club’s first league game of the season last weekend.Marcos Rojo played two seasons in Portuguese football
A Kwasi Appiah debut goal wrapped up an easy win 3-0 for the Black Stars in a friendly game against Portuguese outfit Olhanense on Wednesday afternoon.The match,played before Ghana coach Avram Grant names his final 23 for this month’s AFCON in Equatorial Guinea saw the Israeli coach start with an unfamiliar line up that did not include any of the team’s recent regulars,an indication he was conducting a justify your inclusion session.Everton winger Christian Atsu gave Ghana the lead in the 20th minute after excellent work by Mubarak Wakaso from the left side of midfield to break the deadlock.Olhanense held on until half time as the black Stars piled forward in search of a second goal.The second goal came early in the second half from the Cambridge United striker before Avram Grant changed his entire starting line up,introducing regulars like captain Asamoah Gyan,Rabiu Mohammed and Jordan Ayew. Jordan Ayew scored a third late in the second half to seal the win for Ghana who will now play Dutch side SC Cambuur at the Sartaya stadium on Thursday.First half squad: Ernest Sowah, Samuel Inkoom, John Boye, Awal Mohammed, Edwin Gyimah, Afriyie Acquah, Frank Acheampong, Ibrahim Moro, Mubarak Wakaso, Christian Atsu, Kwesi AppiahSecond Half squad: Fatau, Afful, Baba, Mensah, Amartey, Rabiu, Asante, Accam, Gyan, Jordan, Dede.
For the season, Pujols has 15 homers with a .772 OPS, which is up from his marks of .672 and .700 in the previous two seasons.He’s also played 57 games at first base already, which is nearly the total of 70 he reached last season before having season-ending surgery.ROTATION JUMBLEThe Angels optioned Dillon Peters on Tuesday and recalled Taylor Ward, giving them an extra position player on the bench for two games in a National League park.However, the move also left their rotation full of questions for the four-game series against the Baltimore Orioles that begins on Thursday. They played on Tuesday night with just three starters on the active roster: Félix Peña, Jaime Barría and Griffin Canning.Barría is scheduled to pitch on Wednesday, and after that it’s uncertain. Canning is likely to start on Friday, so the Angels can give him an extra day. Peña could pitch again on Sunday. “I can’t give you (the pitchers for) Baltimore till I see what happens the next two days,” Ausmus said before Tuesday’s game. “I have a general idea, but it’s not etched in stone. Unfortunately, that’s where we’re at right now.”ALSONoé Ramírez said he has no idea when the appeal of his three-game suspension will be heard. Ramirez was suspended after hitting Jake Marisnick, who had been suspended for his collision with Angels catcher Jonathan Lucroy. …Shohei Ohtani threw another bullpen session on Tuesday. He said he’s still throwing only fastballs, and not at full velocity. Ohtani said so far he’s had no problems with his elbow in his throwing rehab. …The Dodgers announced that they would donate the proceeds from Tuesday’s 50-50 raffle to the Tyler Skaggs Baseball Foundation.UP NEXTAngels (RHP Jaime Barría, 3-3, 7.36) at Dodgers (RHP Ross Stripling, 4-3, 3.64), Wednesday, 7:10 p.m., Fox Sports West, 830 AM Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error They could bring José Suarez back as soon as Thursday, because he will have been optioned for 10 days then. Peters can’t return until Aug. 2.JC Ramírez, who is scheduled for at least one more outing with Class-A Inland Empire, is going to return as a multi-inning reliever. He still could be used a part of a pitching solution, either as an opener or by essentially splitting a start with another multi-inning reliever such as Taylor Cole or Trevor Cahill.Andrew Heaney, who is on the injured list with a shoulder issue, isn’t expecting to be out long, but he also won’t throw for a few more days, Ausmus said.Related Articles Angels’ Mike Trout working on his defense, thanks to Twitter LOS ANGELES — More than halfway through the season, at age 39, Albert Pujols has gotten hot.“At this point, he may be the best he’s looked all year,” Angels manager Brad Ausmus said on Tuesday.Pujols has lifted his average each month of the season, going from .220 in April to .238 in May to .250 in June to .359 so far in July. His monthly OPS has gone from .713 to .750 to .750 to .996.“I think he feels really good physically,” Ausmus said. “He gets his workouts in, maintains his strength. I have given him rest at times. I know he’s not always happy about getting rest, but that plays into it. It’s been remarkable how he’s performed as we’ve gotten deeper into the season.” Angels’ poor pitching spoils an Albert Pujols milestone Jose Suarez’s rocky start sinks Angels in loss to Astros Angels’ Shohei Ohtani spending downtime working in outfield Angels offense breaks out to split doubleheader with Astros