PITTSBURGH, PA – SEPTEMBER 20: Tailback James Conner #24 of the University of Pittsburgh Panthers runs with the ball against the University of Iowa Hawkeyes during a college football game at Heinz Field on September 20, 2014 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The Hawkeyes defeated the Pitt Panthers 24-20. (Photo by Matt Kincaid/Getty Images)Pitt running back James Conner has inspired many during his battle with Hodgkin lymphoma. The Panthers star was diagnosed in December, and has participated in off-season workouts and practices while undergoing chemotherapy.Conner, who missed almost all of last season with an MCL injury, is aiming to be back in action when Pitt opens up its 2016 season against Villanova on Sept. 3. This afternoon, Conner’s story will be detailed on The Ellen Show. The full show airs at 4:00 p.m. ET, but you can check out Conner’s segment on YouTube below. Conner is truly an amazing story and someone worth pulling for.
- Pele delighted after Brazil win maiden Olympic football Gold
- Pakistan can bounce back against new-look Australia, says Misbah-ul-Haq
- MI vs DD: Mumbai aim to exploit home conditions against Delhi
- KXIP vs DD: Do-or-die match for Delhi in Punjab
- Mohammed Shami says match-winning performance vs Sunrisers Hyderabad a confidence booster