The fishermen were taken to the Kankesanthurai harbour and handed over to the Department of Fisheries, Jaffna, for further action, U. Arulanandham, president of the Alliance for the Release of Innocent Fishermen (ARIF), said. They are likely to be produced before the court in Kayts on Sunday, he said. Fishermen leaders expressed shock as the Sri Lankan navy continued its offensive even after the its ministers assured the Indian delegates at the recent ministerial-level talks in Delhi that its navy would not attack the Indian fishermen. The Sri Lankan Navy has arrested 11 Rameswaram fishermen on charges of poaching and seized their two boats, The Hindu newspaper reported.They were fishing on the high seas when the navy from Kankesanthurai arrested them, reports received here said.
- DEADPOOL 2 With Ryan Reynolds Additional Photography in Vancouver From February 20th
- Flaming Lips Blue Rodeo to headline Riverfest Elora 2018
- Sandra Oh Its profoundly frustrating how slow real change is
- TOM MULCAIR JOINS IHEARTRADIO CANADAS CJAD 800 IN MONTRÉAL AND CTV NEWS
- Mother of 2 booted by Ottawa housing corp over child tax benefit